Here are some pointers that I have picked up from my experiences.
Behaviour and Manners
Salutations are important!
- A friendly “good morning” or “hello” are always welcomed on the trail
- A smile helps to lift the spirits of passing trail users or your own companions
- Encouraging quips are good too
Prepare trail food by placing them in Ziploc bags
- Minimise rubbish out on the trails
- Keep the used Ziploc bags (and other rubbish) with you until you get to a rubbish bin!
- Lighter equipment and clothing are expensive
- They will pay off on their own because you will enjoy the trip more
- Look for equipment that have compression buckles
- This will minimise bulk and help in stowing them away easily
Difficulty in finding your balance?
- Invest in a good set of trekking poles
- Wear mid-cut boots to strengthen ankle support